Recently Craig and I celebrated a quarter of a century of marriage. Sounds like a long time, doesn't it? It hasn't felt that long, I don't think! To celebrate that milestone we decided to go on a Hawaiian Island Cruise.
We spent a week in Hawaii, cruising to the following islands: Oahu, The Big Island, Maui, and Kauai. We sightsaw (sightseed? saw the sights?), shopped, kayaked, snorkeled, biked, hiked, and enjoyed a luau. It was very relaxing, and very warm. It was NOT very sunny, however. Surprisingly that wasn't depressing to me (about this time of year I usually get really antsy to see the sun.)
It was really nice to spend a week away with my sweetie. One evening I sat out on our balcony on the ship and pondered just how lucky I am to have such a great husband. He is loving and kind, and takes great care of me and our family. He is righteous, and a worthy priesthood holder. He helps me be more adventurous. He's patient with my weaknesses. I am thankful not only for 25 years with him, but the chance for an eternity more through our
temple marriage.
Since they say a picture is worth a thousand words, I think that I'll just use pictures to tell the rest of the story of our cruise:
 |
| Lush and green |
 |
| A little bit of sun |
 |
| Toes in the sand! |
 |
| Cruising around Oahu |
 |
| Our cabin |
 |
| Maui jungle area |
 |
| Iao Valley Needle |
 |
Heading out for snorkeling. We saw sea turtles,
lots of colorful fish, and whales. We were supposed
to go to the Molokini Crater, but didn't get
there because of the weather. We just
snorkeled just off the coast of Maui. |
 |
Mountain biking at the Kilauea volcano.
I was on board the ship sick all that day, so I
didn't get a chance to go, but Craig said it was really cool.
I was just thankful that Iwas only sick one day! |
 |
| More views from the mountain biking trip |
 |
Kona Temple--It was great to get to take in
a session at this sweet little temple. |
 |
Our ship, docked at Kona. We had to tender in on
shuttle boats this day instead of just
pulling up to the pier. |
 |
| Kauai, if I remember correctly... |
 |
| At the luau |
 |
Yummy dinner. Although the food
was all good, our favorite of the night
was the dessert: cheesecake and a
kabocha squash and macadamia nut tart
that tasted like pecan pie. |
 |
| Fire dancers at the luau show |
 |
After our kayaking trip, a hike through
a jungle-like nature preserve area. |
 |
| 60 foot waterfall on our hike |
 |
A little lighthouse, but I don't for sure remember
where. Kauai maybe? |
 |
| A Pineapple plant--Dole Plantation, Oahu |
 |
| Diamond Head Crater |
 |
| Another view from Diamond Head |
 |
Craig's size compared to a Polynesian.
Just kidding...this is the Hilo Hattie Store's
giant Aloha Shirt. It's in the
Guinness Book of World Records! |
I decided to look at your blog today just in case you wrote something about your trip. It was a pleasant surprise! We got a copy of Craig's recollections of the trip and it was really exciting. Dad said he had never seen Craig write so much! It was interesting and we felt as if we knew more about Hawaii. We love all of you and are so happy you all got to have such a wonderful anniversary trip.
ReplyDelete