Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 6--Part Two

36) Blue Cheese (Bleu Cheese?) dressing is my salad dressing of choice.

37) I had a mini turtle for a pet when I was a kid.

38) I have always thought I have "calves only a cow could love", so I wear long skirts.

39) The bane of my existance lately has been little holes worn in the tummy of my shirt.  Every single shirt I own has them, even if it's a pretty new shirt.  It ruins every shirt I have.  Rumor has it (from internet research) that it has to do with my jean buttons and shirt being rubbed against countertops, seatbelts, etc.  I guess I should start sucking my tummy in more and stop leaning up against things if I don't want to be a hole-y shirt gal. 

40) I don't wear flip flops because I feel like my toes ooze over the side of them and it doesn't look pretty.  Any sandal I wear has to have a horizontal strap holding my toes properly in place.

41) I am pretty competitive at games.  I like to win.

42)  I played on my high school softball team.

43) I do not like soft water.  It feels slimy to me when I shower and kind of freaks me out.

44) I am known for being very good at remembering people's names. 

45) I am kind of a cyberstalker.  I like to look people up on the internet.  It's amazing sometimes what you can find out about people.

46)  I used to wear flat heeled dress shoes all the time, but I've kind of started liking low to mid heels lately.  They are hard to find though, it's usually flat heels or sky highs in the store.

47) I am a fan of cardigans.  Is that some kind of Mr. Rogers thing I've got going on?

48) When I wear my cardigans, 99% of the time I have a white shirt on under them.  Remember, white is a good accent color, right?

49) I LOOOOOOOOOVE my new house.  Love it.  Love it.  Love it.  Yes, I know, I need to post pictures. Maybe look for those on Day 16?

50) I hate taking my car to the shop.  I wish I knew all about how to fix cars because whenever I take my car in I have great fear that I'm gonna get ripped off.

51) I am not a germ-a-phobe.  My hope is that if I'm not scared of germs, then I'll build up a healthy immunity to them so that one day when the germs get bad I'll be able to fight them off!

52) I'm very bad for the enviroment.  I leave the water running when I brush my teeth. When I try to turn the water off when I'm brushing my teeth it just feels wrong.

53) I've discovered that brushing my tongue (which they say helps keep bad breath at bay) is much easier for me to do if I look in the mirror.  If I don't look in the mirror while I do it, I just gag.

54) I played the trumpet in my high school band. 

55) Maybe I should clarify: in my FIRST high school band.  I went to two high schools (moved after 10th grade).

56) I wanted to play the clarinet, but my dentist said I had a bit of an overbite and playing the clarinet might make it worse.

57) If you want to get a hold of me, it's best not to use my cell phone for that.  When people call me or text me on it, and I often don't see it until a day or so later.  I've got an old, low-tech cell phone and it sits in my purse, where I can't always hear it.

58)  I like older music a lot (big band, 50's rock and roll).

59) I like to sing a lot.  But not really solos.  Normally I sing alto, although I like to try all the parts.

60) If you ask me what my favorite book is I would tell you The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.

61)  I am a big fan of happy endings.  And they lived happily ever after...my favorite phrase.

62) I just went back and looked at my "A to Z--All About Me" post.  I have repeated a few things in this list.  Sorry.

63) I like flowers in pinks, purples, whites, blues, and yellows. And if you mixed all those in a garden or bouquet I think it's extra nice!

64) For smelly stuff (lotions, candles, etc.) my favorite flavors (scents?) are vanilla, cinnamon, and the clean laundry smell.

65) When I was in 5th grade we held a "Beauty Pageant" as a talent show for our music class.  I won the title of "Miss 5th Grade".  I don't remember what my talent was, probably singing.

66) In 4th grade I learned to knit.  My teacher taught us, and after lunch we knit while she read to us.  We made an afghan that was donated to some charitable cause.

Ok...it's time to take a little break from this list.  Stay tuned for part 3, the final third of the list of 100 things about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment